Its actually happening...!

/
6 Comments
When, for the 1st time, I was asked to do a serial after 5 years, I had refused. I was not going back to “ACTING” for a serial. At that time I had no idea that it would be any different then the run of the mill characters, for me, personally. I thought it would be one more sweet hungry girl and there would be no more to it. As chance had it, I was called back to Bombay by two patients. Mum sent me to audition, I went! The first time I was not told much. But something felt nice. The 2nd audition, I knew I had it.

But I constantly kept asking the universe just for 1 thing, that if I was to do something, let it be a form of mass healing. Let it reach out to sooooooooooooooooooooo many people that it changes something within them. I insisted on a sign for it, without which I had decided that I will not sign it. The sign came and I signed it. When it had begun to air, I realized that the Universe had granted me what I had asked for. Today I want to share with you the most recent love that has been showered on me.

This mail was sent to me by Richa on Facebook. With her permission I am putting it up here. This is the mail word for word.

Remember I told u that i wanted to share something wid u ... u will find it bherry bherry Filmy , my love story :) but u know what u have such a role to play in that :)

Character details :
HEROINE- me, Richa Kumar, a "pleasantly plump " female (that's what my hubby thinks while i think i m OBese") was working in Hyd in 2008.

Amit, my hubby was in Dallas ...Thin lanky dude :) (HERO of our film)

We were introduced by a common friend..she has this adrenalin rush in playing cupid/match maker... I was a typical case of "love n lost" and didn't want to get married to just any Tom, Dick or Hariya :).. always wanted to marry someone i like.. So the idea of loving a guy in Dallas when i m in Hyd, dint appeal me much . i was ok being friends though

On the other hand Amit in Dallas was looking for a ideal match... he was clear that at this age he doesn't want just another friend in his life :) lol

We started talking in Nov 2008 :) first i found him very "pakau" and started avoiding him ... but then by January 2009 i started missing him and cupid struck :) .. from now n then , we started talking for 5-6 hours a day :)

Till feb 2009, haven't seen him nor did he see me.. We shared our FB profile then , for the first time :)
Andar Andar meri tou fatt rahi thi "what will he think about me? one moti bhains i m ..." but he said i m pleasantly plump :)

Uske baad in March end he came to hyd to meet me .. first time wehn i saw him , full butterflies in stomach...jaise ki poora hanging garden in my stomach only :P ....n then he came n hugged..
but "shaana" he was :P dint tell me clearly that if he loved me too.. Kept hinting but then wouldnt put in words..I would think why will a person like him marry a fatso like me .. he would get such pretty pretty girls. Though he would say that all thes things dont matter to him ...but then cos of all the things society make u concious of ur weight, u tend to think negatively... But i was such a idiot that i would just be on cloud 9 thinking of him .. Later i was dumbstruck when i saw a similar story line written for u in Mahi way :)

Finally at the airport he said yes.. and our family met and we got married in Sep 28th, 2009

Then while we were in Goa for Honeymoon , Amit was surfing TV and happened to see Mahi Way.. and he completely adored u .. He was like i saw someone just liKe you on TV ... and i was wondering who who who? must have seen some vamp on some saas bahu serial :)

but it was u .. he liked the character "mahi" and all the lines that u wud say to urslef. watched the whole season.. Like the episode when u get drunk and say thinks to Shiv in Roshni's engagement, he was like really do think like this about u too..Honeslty YES I DID but dint tell him :).. and then there was another one when ur friends bet u to jump in the pool and Amit would ask me "are u pool shy" ... I felt so nice when Amit would try to comfort me n accept myself .. my respect for him and his values deepened :)

How i felt like telling him that in India i can hardly find dresses of my size..Like he would ask me , where does "Mahi " get her clothes and i would be like "duh!!! she gets it designed" ... and how much i would love to wear or know where u get clothes for my size :) Honestly we loved everything u wore,from ur pajamas, to tunics to sarees...

Idea behind telling u all this is that ur smile and the way u carried ur Saree/western wear , and all the appreciation that Amit has for you has actually made me confident and proud that Amit actually likes me the way i m and made me come out of the shell that "fat gurls are very much acceptable as girl friends "

Also the doubts raised by you during the show, has helped him understand me better.. he has helped me so much to come out of my insecurities and inferiority complex..

i mean i have always been my friends choice to have fun , to booze to party , when they needed .Jolly Girl , fun to be with. but thats where it ended.. love is a diff ball game and i dint think that i was fit/sexy/in demand enuf for it... but now i m :)

This Sep 28th we complete a year.. and madly in love with each other.. Amit has been world's bestest life partner.. Thank Sai Papa So much for this gift.. And now i m so sure that when he says that he likes me the way i m , he actually means it..

love u Pushtie, indirectly u have helped us so much in understanding each other ...

Love n hugs ... God bless you.. Muuuuuuuah !!!
Richa




I had tears in my eyes and goose bumps when I read this. And till this moment I cannot help but keep thanking the Universe for the assurance that I am on the right track. Thank You Richa… you have no idea what a big effect you tell me this has had on me. Its moments like this that make my work a little more worth it :)
Thank you :)

Lots of love….
Blessed be


You may also like

6 comments:

  1. awesome......... m also a fatty gal n i really got more confidence wid the show... thaNK PUSHTIEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved the story and yes mahi way has also helped me in a lot of ways. so a big thanks to u and the whole mahi way's team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the story .....n a big thanks 2 mahi way coz oh them directly or indirtectly it helps us like i am not confident wen i go out but coz of mahi way i got the way 2 be confident n got a joy so thanks mahi way

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!.. Pushtiee keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.... amazing!! m outta words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats definitely a sweet lovestory and pushtiee dii u have a sweet role too..If u can be a part of the reason for someones happiness then u should go for it :)my best wishes to richa

    ReplyDelete